Visit aBraxIa - GLBTQ Positive Comic Anthology by Dragonhead Studio!

Neil Gaiman says:

Neil Gaiman says:
pic by Allan Amato

Friday, March 24, 2006

Some drawings




Above is a sketch I did a couple of weeks ago on rough 11 x 17 paper using a Bic #2 0.7 mm pencil. These pencils are THE BEST for quick sketching. They were chosen by my Supervisor at Stats Canada for filling out those little circles you get in surveys and stuff. She said she went through *tons* of pencils trying to find just the right one.. dark enough lead, super nice eraser to completely erase said lead.. and voila. She found it--and I *ahem* borrowed one from work to draw with at home. Thanks B.T. :-)



So yeah, the 2nd drawing I sort've got inspired watching some 1950's TV Superman 1/2 hr. shows.. the Council on Krypton had these FUNKY leather collars, which I had to swipe. The first drawing reminds me of the psychotic chick from Kill Bill 1 (ok, ok there were a lot of 'em. You know.. GoGo? Anyway.. I like her hair.

More doodles to come.

Cheers
S.

No comments: