Visit aBraxIa - GLBTQ Positive Comic Anthology by Dragonhead Studio!

Neil Gaiman says:

Neil Gaiman says:
pic by Allan Amato

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

That's not the electric light my friend, that's your vision growing dim



So I've realized I've had to wear my glasses much more frequently as I read, draw comics and work on design work. I used to only need them in the evenings, if I was tired, or had been staring at a computer screen all day. Now as I type this, the words are a bit blurred...arg. Should find my glasses for this too, I suppose! (The Subject Line's quote is from dear Mr. Leonard Cohen.)

Anyway, the back gate that won't close is another left-over from our 'non-handy-man'. My brother, when he fixed it the first time said to me gravely: "You know it was put on upside-down?" Ahhh... incompetence ^__^

Well, c'est tout. Perhaps I shall get inspired for more later. Speaking of inspiration, I have been toying with the idea of working on some comic stuff, driven by my pal Kattanine turning me on to "500 Theme Challenge". CapTreasureTroveTi on Deviantart posted a list of themes and as I trundled through various members over there, I realized some other folks (Cathaline on LJ) had posted lists of themes and that they were different! So I grabbed two of them (thus having about 1,000 themes) and thought it might be good for a panel or two/ day of work. (Although if you did accomplish 3 panels/ day for a year, that'd get you up around 1,000 or so).

So that's what I've been mulling about in my head.
Also I'm trying not to think of the Hothouse 7 results. I'll post news if I get chosen.. and if I don't of course! If I don't, I'll post my artwork from my proposal on here. And shit, I might do the animation anyway for fun. (Apparently there were 146 applicants this time 'round) ^__^

All best!
Suzanne.

No comments: