Visit aBraxIa - GLBTQ Positive Comic Anthology by Dragonhead Studio!

Neil Gaiman says:

Neil Gaiman says:
pic by Allan Amato

Friday, March 04, 2011

It's not me, it's you...




Yeah, so I got the crummy-mc-crumb-bum email from the NFB and didn't make the cut into this year's round. Ahh well, it was a little disappointing, but the competition was pretty fierce, so I'm not going to let it get me down too much. I will post the art I put together for my proposal anywayz.

It was awesome going out and about yesterday; it was sunny and every time we got out from a store the temp had risen bit by bit. Ishina is a delicious restaurant, though their Bells Corners' locale is only open for lunch, and only open M-F. The people are awesome and food is spectacular (and it is reasonably priced :-)

adios!
Suzanne.

===
Hothouse 7

The theme this year was 'Here be dragons', so of course I had to give it a try! Here are a few conceptual sketches of dragons (and the maiden-chained-to-a-rock of course). Don't worry, in my 1 minute short, I had a great M. Night Shyamalan tweest all planned out, so the girl definitely came out on top. Which is how I like things to run :-)



2 comments:

Westin said...

That's a bummer you didn't get selected for this year's HotHouse! *shakes fist at NFB* Oh, well - at least you gave it a try! I really like the artwork you did for your proposal!

Suzanne Marsden said...

Thanks so much for your support Westin--that means so much! Yeah, it sucks that I didn't get picked, but who knows--we'll see what next year brings! In the mean time I plan to storyboard out my cartoon and see about doing it anyway.
Cheers!
Suzanne.