Visit aBraxIa - GLBTQ Positive Comic Anthology by Dragonhead Studio!

Neil Gaiman says:

Neil Gaiman says:
pic by Allan Amato

Monday, March 26, 2007

Pete Seeger Nobel Peace Prize Petition

This little note has come along from Dean Verger from Rasputin's Folk Cafe, via Andy Cohen via Mitch Podolak:

Pete Seeger Nobel Peace Prize campaign...
We have mounted a campaign for a grassroots movement to persuade the American Friends Service Committee to nominate Pete for the Nobel Peace Prize. Pete Seeger is a crusader for Peace and Social Justice and has been over the course of his 87 year lifetime. The aim is to show grassroots support to the American Friends Service Committee to nominate Pete Seeger for the Nobel Peace Prize. I know there are many people interested in adding support.

To read about and sign the petition go to:
http://www.petitionthem.com/default.asp?sect=detail&pet=3774

Pete Seeger appreciation page here.

Check out Pete on You Tube for some amazing footage... ya can't go wrong with Pete. I saw him and Arlo Guthrie with my Mom when I was 15 at the NAC.. an unforgettable duo for one of my first concerts. I'll never forget Pete teaching "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" to the crowd in 3 part harmony with Seeger doing the descant. It was an amazing experience where we all felt like one big family in the theatre, intimate, warm and loving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, my first concert with my mom was Libearce. I think I was 10 and that was really a great show! Following that I saw the Everly Brothers with a friend and her big sister, and then at 14 I saw my first real rock concert - Alice Cooper.
I've never seen Pete Seeger in concert, nor Arlo, but reading Woody Guthrie's biography was a very memorable experience.
CU soon!
BDD