Visit aBraxIa - GLBTQ Positive Comic Anthology by Dragonhead Studio!

Neil Gaiman says:

Neil Gaiman says:
pic by Allan Amato

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Yes, I know it's a big BIG surprise!

You Are Beer!

You don't need to get totally wasted when you hit the bars.
More of a social drinker, you just like to have fun with your friends.
And as long as the beer keeps flowing, you're a happy camper.
But don't mix things up: "Beer Before Liquor, Never Been Sicker!"


This became obvious over Creemore #2 at Pub Italia with LH. Knowing that a cool drink, great company and deep-fried mushrooms, zuchinni, peppers and cheese awaited me at the end of a long day trudging dusty roads made it worthwhile.

It's going ok. Really. The "FEAR" rears its head sometimes, and I suck it in and try to keep on breathing. I meet people, mostly nobody's home, occasionally I throw Census forms at people in their cars, as they're driving away. No dogs trying to kill me yet, which is nice.

I hit retirement residences; it's good, because if they're home, older people will sit with you and patiently fill out the form and talk with you. I hit highrise apartments, where a polite fellow helped fill out his form while his kids ran around in the hall, darting back to check on our progress and zipping around again, like electrons circling an atom.

I've haunted houses with listings for BSMT apartments that don't seem to exist. Faced roads where the Civic Addresses across from each other weren't "#34, #35, #36" as you would expect, but "#8" across the road was "#1" and so on. That was fun. Like stepping on lego bricks at night in barefeet is fun...

It was hotter than Delhi yesterday. I packed my folding cooler with all the water bottles I had, a salmon sandwich and a burrito. I thought it was pretty funny packing all that water. And it was less funny the more I guzzled it. LH said that if you don't have to pee all day and you're drinking loads of water, it's transforming into sweat. Go figure. Guess it was a smart move bringing water. By the end of the route, my clothes were soaked, my hair frazzled, my face red and my temper thin. Definitely need to burn the clothes (although washing them would be more economical :-P)

The thought of beer, the friendly service at Pub Italia, the cool A/C, the dim interior, LH's smiling face, food, gossip and recharging the old post-work batteries...kept me going. It helps having goals, no? Sure it does :-)

Cheerio,
Suzanne.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How are these tests so accurate? It's like they're inside my house, spying on me. I'm getting creeped out, man!
BDD

"You Are Absinthe.
You are a sloppy drunk, purposely so if drinking doesn't make you feel crazy, it's not any fun.
Truth be told, you tend to prefer drugs to drinking , but you'd never pass up any absinthe that came your way!"

Suzanne Marsden said...

They put cameras in the beer cases.. and the satchels that absinthe comes in.. really! Just smash the bottle really hard and the booze should wreck the camera.. waitaminute.. :-P

Rob A. said...

I too was beer. I thought for sure I'd be Port....

Suzanne Marsden said...

Yeah, it'd be interesting to see what you had to answer to end up as "Port"! I think the beer drinkers are probably WAY easy going and enjoy nachos with their beer. I can't recall what else I said. Hmm..maybe another drink will job the cranium..? :-D

Keith Savage said...

***You Are Whiskey***


You're a tough drinker, and you take it like a man
That means no girly drinks for you - even if you are a girl
You prefer a cold, hard drink at the end of the day
Every day, in fact. And make that a few.

Suzanne Marsden said...

Hiya Keith; why am I not surprised you're Whiskey? Although, technically, shouldn't you be a James Bond Martini? :-D Thanks for having us out yesterday for hickory chicken & kale salad (and scaryy symbiotic rpging *eww*!)

Keith Savage said...

If I were a martini man, I would also have a mass of discarded women in my wake, a la James Bond. I would also not vomit after having one sip of gin. No I like my experiences to be strong, and have plenty of character.